Saturday, May 9, 2009

Why I'm not a pastor

I came across this really great insight from a pastor I know. It's his thoughts on the qualifications of a worship leader of a church. It's pretty intense and I whole-heartedly agree with each one. Unfortunately for me, I don't meet up to a lot of these standards. It's not because I don't want to, it's because I haven't really chosen to live every moment surrendered to Christ. I have wasted a good bit of my life chasing after ideals and illusions, not really understanding the depth of Christ's love for me and the work it takes to understand that more. I've always known in my heart that a worship pastor is supposed to be more than a song leader. This article puts into words where my heart's been leading for quite a while. It reminds me of how much work is yet to be done in my own dark heart.
Tonight I took a good step in the right direction. It involves sacrifice, patience, and perseverance in and toward Christ. Every worship leader should read and strive for God's call on all pastors/church leaders.
I'll type this last word, knowing not many people will

respond?

No comments:

Post a Comment