Monday, October 12, 2009

U2 & Eden

So today was supposed to be an awesome day. Started at the preschools, singing "People in Your Neighborhood" and Halloween songs for the kiddos. Then I met my wife, kids, and parents out at the great State Fair of Texas! Always awesome. Corn dogs, jumping dog shows, big TEx, and my car-obsessed son getting to sit in more cars than he's ever seen in His life. He loves those trucks. So far, so good, right? So we take the Kids home, bathe them and ourselves and get ready for the U2 concert at the new Cowboys Stadium. We hit traffic getting there and as we're about to exit, just before Muse goes on to open the show, we're rear ended by a Taxi. HARD.
Instead of a wonderful night singing classics old and new, we spent those 4 hours in a hospital, making sure my wife didn't have anything seriously wrong with her brain. We bought the tickets in April. Been planning for months. It was my birthday present. As I ran the narcissistic gamut of emotions, I came to this biblical conclusion. All is not as it should be. This was a small mishap in our life. Nothing major. My friend having his leg amputated is major. The people that my wife counsels have major mishaps. NOT seeing U2 is not major. Yet still, in the midst of this small trial, the trials of the past are born afresh in my mind and I remember that God did not create it this way. We were supposed to be walking with Him in the cool of the day. We were supposed to be naked and unashamed. Amen? Childbearing should have been a joy without pain. Work should have brought fruit without the war that inevitably comes with it. We jacked it all up, folks.
Eden shall return. well...Christ came to make things right.

Romans 5:18-19
18Consequently, just as the result of one trespass was condemnation for all men, so also the result of one act of righteousness was justification that brings life for all men. 19For just as through the disobedience of the one man the many were made sinners, so also through the obedience of the one man the many will be made righteous.


So adam started us down this path of ...let's say...Jackedupedness? Christ has come, died once and for all, and rose to life again so that all things might be reconciled to the One who made it all. The perfection of this is coming. Soon. But I want Eden right now. Response?

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad the 'mishap' was small. I miss you guys! If there is anything I can do call me.

    ReplyDelete